- Attain media coverage (USA Today Travel, NY Times, LA Times, etc.)
- Establish new business partnerships
- Position the brand as both B2B- and B2C-friendly
- Demonstrate expertise in travel and social media
- Interact directly with customers and travel agent partners and adapt to instantaneous feedback, and
- Network with social media and travel industry leaders and innovators.
Monday, August 24, 2009
Travel is one of the leading industries to leverage social media for business success. In its article, "Marketing with Twitter," Travel Agent Magazine identifies and reveals the social media strategies of some of the most influential travel companies. Highlighted in its coverage is Pleasant Holidays' use of Twitter to communicate time-sensitive travel deals. In addition to generating measurable incremental revenue through Twitter and Facebook, Pleasant Holidays effectively uses social media to: